Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - 5107 (23686940)
Unique hybrid opportunity for a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant providing primary care through a virtual video and telephone platform with a hospital on the coast in Delaware.
- You will work four 10 hour days with a predictable weekend schedule of every other weekend
- Will always have 3 days off per week
- Position will be housed in a Central location
- 1 of your 4 shifts will be covering one of the walk-in clinics in order to stay current with face to face care
- Benefit from joining a team-oriented group, focused on providing excellent patient care in both virtual and office settings
- Newly created position
- Assess, evaluate and treat patients from 6 months through the geriatric population.
- Interpret basic EKG readings and lab test results.
- Evaluation and treatment of medical and surgical illness in patients from 6 months through geriatric population.
- Promotes prevention, utilizing risk assessment, coaching and counseling, evaluation, treatment and/or removal of foreign bodies.
- Evaluation of simple skin abscesses including incision and drainage.
- Possess an energetic, compassionate and efficient work ethic with strong organizational skills and customer service skills including service recovery.
- Evaluation and treatment of nosebleeds including device placement.
- Evaluation and repair of simple lacerations, including suturing, utilizing wound adhesive and liquid topical skin adhesive.
- Evaluation and management of general orthopedic injuries, including ordering x-rays, proper splinting, and treatment of simple fractures.
- Able to handle unexpected emergent situations appropriately.
Competitive salary and Benefits including: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Healthcare Reimbursement Account, Paid Time Off: 25 days per year may be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, float days, or personal days, 8 holidays annually, Long-Term Sick Bank, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pension, Retirement Plus Program, Tuition Reimbursement: up to $5,000 per year, Health Services, Credit Union, Blood Bank, College Savings Plan: 529 Savings Plan
Area info: City is located where the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean meet at Cape Henlopen. It’s beautiful. Located 45 minutes south of Dover, 90 minutes south of Wilmington, 115 miles east of Baltimore and Washington, DC. There’s miles of gorgeous beaches, a state park with 6+ miles of coastline offering boating, fishing, and kayaking, clamming, paddle-boarding and wind-surfing and premiere trails for hiking and biking exploration. History-rich, the city was discovered by Henry Hudson in 1609 and has a wonderful historic district, with architecture dating back to the 17th century. This is a charming and friendly town where you can enjoy quiet strolls on boutique-filled streets, relaxing waterfront dining and plenty ways to spend your time. It’s where you’ll find an ideal work-life balance!
You'll must have at least 3 years of FNP or PA experience in either ER, Walk-In-Clinic, Urgent Care, Wellness Center, Internal Medicine and/or Family Practice, DE license or able to obtain and BLS