Physician Assistant - 33551 (23700931)
SALARY: UP TO $180,300 ANNUALLY
Job Description and Responsibilities
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
This position provides healthcare services for typically performed by a physician, under the supervision of a physician. It conducts complete physicals, provides treatment, and counsels patients. It may also prescribe medication.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts examinations of patients to obtain information about their physical conditions.
- Provides treatment to patients by making tentative diagnoses and decisions following patients’ examinations.
- Provides physician with assistance as necessary.
- Prescribes therapy or medication with physician’s approval.
- Performs therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care, and infection management.
- Obtains, compiles, and records patients’ medical data, including health history, progress notes, and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests.
- Documents all provided services in the patient’s medical record.
- Interprets diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
- Counsels and instructs patients about prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- Consults with supervising physicians, specialists, and other health professionals as appropriate.
- Visits and observes patients, updates charts, orders therapy, and reports back to physician.
- Orders medical and laboratory supplies and equipment.
- May prescribe medication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited educational program for physician assistants.
- Must be licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state in which this work is performed.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques associate with the work of a Physician’s Assistant.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Skill in performing uncomplicated surgical procedures.
- Ability to administer prescribed medications.
- Ability to perform complete physical appraisals of patients.
- Ability to identify and evaluate illnesses.
- Ability to initiate diagnostic laboratory tests and evaluate the results.
- Ability to manage the care of patients.
- Ability to work with patients having a variety of physical problems.
- Ability to compile and evaluate medical histories and other clinical and laboratory data.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER