NP/PA Neurosurgery Nocturnist opportunity in Greenville, NC - 220213 (23716835)
Medical Group seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for a nocturnist position in Greenville, NC. Neurosurgery team consists of 9 neurosurgeons and 9 nurse practitioners/physician assistants. This opportunity includes primarily inpatient rounding with minimal first assist responsibilities. RNFA certification is required for nurse practitioners applicants Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma facility, serves as the regional leader for Neurosciences and is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in eastern North Carolina.
- Employment by Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Medical Center, a level 1 trauma center
- Inpatient only clinical responsibilities
- 7 on 7 Off schedule- 7:00pm-7:00am
- Inpatient responsibilities will include OR, rounding with surgeon, inpatient medical management, admissions, discharges, and consults
- Established neuroscience team of 9 neurosurgeons, including 3 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, inpatient stroke neurologists, neurointensivists, neurologists and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Medical Center is home to a 24-bed NSICU as well as a large rehab center providing both inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
- Team of 11 dedicated NSICU NP/PA’s providing24/7 coverage
- Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
- Over 1,000 neurological cases performed annually to include complex spine and brain tumor resections
- Over 1,500 annual admissions with stroke as primary diagnosis
- Nationally recognized by Becker’s Healthcare as a top 100 program for neurosurgery
Neuroscience Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has specialty-trained staff in nursing, radiology, general neurosurgery, endovascular neurosurgery and intervention, neuro-spine surgery, and neurology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient- and family-centered approach to care, which promotes optimization of patient outcomes.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC220213 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: [link removed]