New Grad Friendly Neuro ICU PA role- Nassau County NY - 23724916
Leading Academic Hospital System in Nassau County seeks a Physician Assistant to join their Neuro ICU
This position would include practicing 3x12 shifts- NIGHTS position
Performs a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for patient admission, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and outcome evaluation. Participates in performance improvement, research, and educational activities.
- Takes initial patient histories and performs physical examinations.
- Initiates, documents, and communicates the plan of care and follows up to ensure complete screening and preparation of patients.
- Performs daily patient rounds.
- Writes orders for medications, laboratory work, and diagnostic tests.
- Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff, and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
- Upon discharge, notes discharge summaries, prescriptions, and any referrals on patient charts.
- Informs patients of the necessary post-discharge care instructions.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Graduate of an accredited (Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs ARC-PA) program, required.
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant (PA) by the New York State Department of Education, required.
- Current NCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
- Current BLS certification, required.
- Current Paramedic Certification in New York State required and current American Heart Association certification in the following, required:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Instructor
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Instructor
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Instructor
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) Instructor
NEW GRADS WELCOME!
NYS License (or in process)